2021 Mathematics and Statistics Competition
Saturday, April 10, 2021
2:30 - 3:30 P.M.
Held virtually via Zoom
(Zoom address will be emailed before the competition)
Pre-Entry deadline: April 1, 2021
(Applications will not be accepted past the deadline and
there will be no registration accepted the day of the exam.)
This year's competition will be held only online via Zoom.
In order to compete, you must have access to a computer with internet connection, email, and be able to scan your completed exam.
Three levels of competition: Third-Fifth Grade, Middle School and High School
First, second and third places will be named at each level.
Winners will be awarded a certificate at a virtual awards ceremony at the end of April.
- Register online by April 1, 2021 by 5:00 pm. No late entries will be accepted.
- The day before the exam you will be sent an email with the Zoom address and further instructions. Each level will have a different Zoom address.
- You will need to sign into Zoom (between 2:00-2:20 pm). You will be put into a waiting room until all contestants are ready to start.
- The exam will be presented on the screen at the start of the exam. You should not change the screen.
- You may not use any resources or receive any help with the exam. Exam supervisors will be available if you have any questions.
- You will need 5 blank sheets of paper (for each question) to show your work. The paper can have ruled lines. These 5 answer sheets will need to be scanned and submitted per our instructions.
- You will be proctored by Zoom while taking the exam.
- The exam will start at 2:30 pm and end at 3:30 pm.
- At the end of the exam, you will need to scan or take a photo of your exam in order to upload your solutions. Do not leave the Zoom call until the supervisor will confirm receiving your exam.
- The exam at the Third-Fifth grade level will reflect math taught through the 5th grade.
- The exam at the Middle School level will reflect the level of math taught through the 8th grade.
- The exam at the High School level will cover material through the 11th grade.
- Calculators will be allowed on the exam.
- Presentation of solutions is considered in the grading of the exam.
- Winners will be notified by email. Certificates for participants will be sent to their schools.